This Privacy Notice describes the personal information practices of Scape Group “the Group” (Scape Operations LTD, Scape UK Management LTD, Scape Student LTD, Scape Developments MANAGEMENT LTD)in the UK with respect to information about our customers and visitors to our Web sites, including the types of personal information we collect, how we may use this information and with whom we may share it.
“THE GROUP” (SCAPE OPERATIONS LTD, SCAPE UK MANAGEMENT LTD, SCAPE STUDENT LTD, SCAPE DEVELOPMENTS MANAGEMENT LTD) are living specialists.
Scape Operations Ltd is limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 13719075 and have our registered office at 65 Gresham Street, 6th Floor, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 7NQ. Our VAT number is 356259084.
Scape UK Management Ltd is limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12442982 and have our registered office at Cardale Park, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1RY. Our VAT number is 360029038.
Scape Student Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12681556 and have our registered office at Cardale Park, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1RY. Our VAT number is 360029038.
Scape Development Management Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11720754 and have our registered office at Cardale Park, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1RY. Our VAT number is 313370243.
We are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
Please read the following carefully. By visiting www.scape.com and scape.com (the Website) and providing us with your personal data, you are agreeing to be informed about the practices described in this Privacy Notice and it contains important information on:
· Your Rights
· The personal information we collect about you
· What we do with your information, and
· Who your information might be shared with.
If you need extra help to view this notice or require it in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us at DataRequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to contact us or have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you, please send an email to DataRequest.email@example.com or write to us at The Data Protection Office, Scape Group, 4 Greengate, Cardale Park, Harrogate, HG3 1GY.
We collect that information from you when you complete any of our forms on this website or in person or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise to:
· register to use the Website
· subscribe to our newsletter
· search for accommodation
· place a booking on the Website
· enter a competition, promotion, or survey
· visit any of our stands, events or fairs
· show interest in our accommodation services
· report a problem with the Website
· supply goods or services
· comply with any agreed terms or requests
When you register for the various services provided by the Website, update your registration details or otherwise use or register to use our services your Personal Information is collected by us.
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
Your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, username and password, emergency contact details, proof of identification, nationality and residence;
Information submitted by you to us including, but not limited to, answers to questions on surveys, competition, or registration forms;
Payment information collected from you, including but not limited to payment card details, financial institutions and bank details; and
Any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us at any time.
Article 9 of the UK GDPR defines Special Category data as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying an individual, data concerning health, and data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We collect the following information provided by you relating to;
· Health-related information to adapt to and respond to services and accommodation requests.
· Special dietary requirements for events.
· Sensitive personal information about your well-being/welfare
· Sharing of sensitive personal information with the university welfare team when requested
Any sensitive personal information will be collected with your consent for the said purpose to the extent that you authorise us or if we are legally allowed or if it is in your vital interest.
By giving us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other individual has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can do so. For example, you may need to provide us with contact details of a person whom you wish us to contact in case of an emergency.
If necessary, we will receive information about you from other sources (such as Universities, Booking Agents and online payment service providers), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to enhance your experience with Scape.
· On-line payment service providers to update your payment details
· Third party cookies providers, like Google, to assess content and traffic flows to create a more effective Website or provide you with a more personalised experience
· Universities, to ensure our staff are aware of any specific circumstances that may impact on your stay with us
· Booking Agents, to process your booking
The information provided is used to:
· register, set-up, maintain and operate your account with us
· provide you with the services you have contracted with us.
· communicate with you about products and services or from our business partners
· provide customer support, respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
· enable you to post on our blogs and interact through social media
· personalise your experience with Scape
· perform data analytics, including research, trend and financial analysis
· operate, evaluate and improve our business including the development of new products and services
· determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing/advertising efforts and analysis/ improvement of our products, offers, promotions and online services
· deal with internal administration issues and for analysis, training and quality assurance purposes
· monitor security of residence premises using CCTV cameras
· protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
· collect outstanding payments/costs/fees or recover rent arrears and costs, and
· comply with applicable law
If you have opted-in to marketing communications, you can subsequently elect not to receive marketing communications from Scape by following the opt-out instructions in the marketing communications we send you, send a message through the contact feature on Scape.com or contacting us at the address or email address provided in the contact section at the end of this notice. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you concerning your account(s) with Scape.
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you, please refer to the contact section for the postal address or email address. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before Scape is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. The processing of your ID is strictly limited to verification purposes, and will not be retained for any longer than necessary once identity has been confirmed.
Scape is committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep personal information secure. We have in place technical, administrative, and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we take efforts to safeguard our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The periods for which we keep your information will vary according to the purpose for which we use the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep your information we will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. We have an internal data retention policy that details the duration for which we keep certain categories of data. We may provide this on request should you wish to know more about how your data is being stored.
Personal Information provided to us will be transferred to and processed within the United Kingdom and other members of the European Union (EU). We do not process information in countries outside of the United Kingdom or the EU.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we change the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here and change the “Effective Date” listed at the top of this Statement. We encourage you to check here periodically for the most up-to-date version of our Statement.
Email us : DataRequest.firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at: The Data Protection Office, Scape Group, 4 Greengate, Cardale Park, Harrogate, HG3 1GY
This policy has been approved & authorised by:
Name: Neil Smith
Position: Managing Director